Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:19:49 -0400

>$66 should get you the main box from Travelling Mage plus shipping,
>plus a little bit. (You save on postage if you can squeeze some
>other stuff in on the order.) You could pick up extra on Bartertown,
>but you'll be paying postage for that, too.
>

>I like Space Marines, but I'm almost turned off because everyone
>else does too, now. (I know it is as silly to turn off from something
>because everyone else likes it as it is to like something because
>everyone else likes it.) Seems to me that before Epic 40K, the list
>was full of players of everything but Space Marines. I'm sure there
>were some, but we had tons of everyone else. I heard a couple of
>groups say they didn't have a Space Marine player. And that even
>with Space Marines being heavily represented in the main box (titled,
>appropriately, "Space Marine"). Seems like that's on everyone's list
>now. Still, I like 'em, and they're easy to paint. I'm trying to
>encourage my wife to paint the Eldar, but those infantry look tough.

It is not silly, that is one of the reasons that I chose Dark Angels as my
40k army. It also effected my choice of Necromunda gang, namely Cawdor,
which no-one else played. Much to my surprise I got two highly religious forces.

That's for the hints, I appreciate it.

If you don't want to play Space Marines, but want to play Space Marines,
then play Renegades. I'm not talking Chaos, I mean a Chapter that has been
seperated, and decided that the Emperor was actually a Tyrant, and should be
disposed. Of course, you can still be anti-alien, so you can still fight
with Eldar and orcs and everything else. But you can maybe ally with
anything fighting the Emperor, the restriction would be that there is a
chance that before the game, some of your troops can be brought over to
chaos, which loses the troops, and moral for the troops. Kinda like being
destroyed. Anyway, you can figure out rules for each unit, Imperial Guard
are going to be more susceptible, while a Librarian can help shield them if
he passes this kind of test, I have a feeling that this is what I'll do.
Anyway it's an idea

Tyler