Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Alan E Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 15:13:08 -0700

james wrote:

> > Apart from that, Orks are all-rounders. They're 2nd best at everything.
> > Out-shot by Imperials, out-CCd by nearly everyone else. Against an
> > opponent who's not really proficient with his force, and who doesn't
> > have a set of pre-planned moves and tactics, you'll do well with even
> > simple tactics.

> I partially agree and partially disagree. The strength of the orks is their numbers. There are just lots of them.

> That is the strength of the ork, there are simply a green wave that >keeps comming. Also, because of shear numbers they can muster some >decent firepower.

As I said, simple tactics. There are a number of counters though, which
a player of high ability will have that will cut through them like
butter.

For example:

Assault Marines in Rhinos. Rhinos move 25cm in Assault (30cm -5cm),
disgorge AMs who move (10cm -5cm, then x3) 15cm. Which means that if
they start out 40cm away, they're in CC before you get a shot at them
with your 30cm range stuff. With the LRs or Support Weapons taking out
all Ork Psykers within Cooee, the marines should have at least a +3 in
the assault.

Thunderhawks.'Nuff Said.

Eldar Engines of Vaul. Pop-up Engines, immune to all fire except from
other War Engines.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture