RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:32:52 -0500

> I came up with the idea of making a modelled airstrip that
>>is larger.
>-snip-
>The only problem I can see is the fact that the airstrip is like the bench
>and casualty area in Blood Bowl, as in, not part of the playing area.
>Another thing, if it is on the field, then we may have the first case of a
>flier being attacked in close combat.

----> Well hey, there's a way to balance out some of those flyer issues
 and the general inefectiveness of flak...make 'em land on the table for
 repair/reload! This at least ought to be part of a special scenario.
Flyers on the ground are probably assault value 0, or 1 at best. Use
the normal armor value - all set.

>A little of topic here, but has anyone considered collecting a whole Chapter
>in Epic? Oh which reminds me. Say I want more infantry (As a 40k player, I
>have this aversion to lots of tanks, something about having more tanks then
>people makes me think ----->Munch!<-----. I know it isn't so, but I wonder
>anyway, how do you get more infantry?
>
>That's about it for know
>
>Tyler

----> Ask around. There may be some SM/TL vets who have a whole chapter,
if they really liked one chapter - it's only ten company cards, approx
200
stands of infantry...
Ya know, I have 4 UM co's, and a ton of tac marines still on the sprue.
 That's not too far off. Scary.

As for more infantry, if you mean marine figures, I'd try and find an
old set
of the prior space marine box sets 1st or 2nd ed. Tons 'o Tacs in there.

If you mean from the lists, I'd say take 'em as main & support both for
a few det's and see how that works..

Chris Miller