Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:32:50 -0400

> Still, that's just the results of "thought" problems. I still lack
> actual experience against Orks in E40K. What have others found in
> actual play?

Using a Space Marine / Imperial mix, I've learned that you can never
shoot enough Orks. Ork armies should always center around a Gargant of
some type if possible. The gargant should contain the commander to
give you the re-rolls. Once the Orcs get within 30cm and assault
range, the game can change very quickly. I definitely think that one
of the Orcs' strengths is in their numbers. They can bring enough
'stuff' that when you've killed the first wave, the second is just
climbing over their bodies, screaming and brandishing axes. Waaaagh!

Oh, and don't underestimate Fighta-Bommas. And definitely bring some
Arty, whether whirlwinds or basilisks. If you plan to assault 'em,
make sure you're using Marines.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius