RE: [Epic] SM/TL Chaos units

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:55:12 -0500

>immeadiately" (according to Renegades) with the blues, blues
>> >die. No room for confusion there.
>>
>> -----> how bout doomweaver's - do they die, or do you do the Q&A
>> regeneration thing and move'em to the edge after they split?
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the Doomweaver rules
>to really comment.
>
>Using the previousl stated placement rules, the blue would die. The pink
>would get replaced and the blue would appear in the middle of the
>mon-molecular wire and get sliced to shreds.
>I say this because the wire stays around for a while.

-----> Yes, we used to run into this with the stupid regen creatures too
- Letters under the template, fail their dodge or whatever, so they get
sliced. End of turn,-->regenerate. Start new turn, their under the wire,
die. End of turn, regen...and so on. You get this "perpetual regen"
effect which is just a waste of time. One of the Q&A's finally said if
they make their Regen roll, put 'em on the edge of the template and let
'em go. I can make fluff theories for why they should or shouldn't do
that, but as long as you settle one way or the other, fine. With
Horrors, they split instantly and there is no roll, so do they
automatically scoot to the edge using this same theory, or do you stay
with the "put 'em where the old one was" theory and they both die
anyway, so don't bother with it? The Chaos guy is usually big on the
free move rule, and the non-chaos guy favors the full-kill. Both have
some validity, in my mind...

Chris Miller