Re: [Epic] Deathwing Detachment

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:50:29 -0700

At 08:55 AM 7/31/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Deathwing: As described in Codex: Angels of Death Members are
>immune to
>the effects of psychology. Members of the Deathwing are know for their
>unwillingness to back down in the face of horror. To represent this
>the
>Deathwing special ability gives it's detachment members: +2 to their
>Assault value, and the Rampage special ability. Note that the +2 to
>the
>Assault value is added after the doubling for any Hero ability.
>
>Shouldn't that just mean that they automatically pass leadership tests?
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik
>
>"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
>up, if you will ever dig."
>- Marcus Aurelius

        Have to agree. You've added a psychology-like effect to a group immune to
psychology. Perhaps they never have to retreat?

        In a Chaos vein...using some of the recent fluff, I suggest the following
as ideas only, I haven't really talked out the points costs:

        Detachment led by Abbadon. - May "teleport" into battle; use drop pod rules.

        Detachment led by Fabius Bile. - Remove blast markers in the following
ratio: 1BM for every two units destroyed, possibly only in CC.

        Others to follow, although I'm not sure if I like the idea of "custom"
detacments. I need to play with the ideas more...

Nickles