[Epic] Deathwing Detachment

From: Thomas Lee Denney <seether_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 05:12:22 -0500

I'm working on an Epic 40K web page devoted mostly to the Dark Angels. One
of the sections is going to be "New Detachments". The first detachment
I'll be posting there will be the Deathwing detachment. I thought I would
post it here first and see what everyone thinks of it. So fire away! I've
enclosed the >doc format also, for those that can view it.

DEATHWING DETACHMENT
Command
You must choose a commander
 1 Detachment HQ (See notes) . . +25 points
Up to 1 Master of Deathwing . . . +30 points
Consists of 1 Terminator unit (Hero, Deathwing)

Extra cost to:
        Mount in a Land Raider...+35 points

Main Force
Choose up to 10 squads from following list.

Deathwing Terminator squad ...+24 points
Consists of 1 Space Marine unit (Save, Deathwing)

Extra cost to: Mount in a Land Raider ...+35 points

Up to 1 Space Marine Librarian +40 points
Consists of 1 Space Marine unit (Psyker, Hero, Deathwing)

Extra cost to: Mount in a Land Raider ...+35 points

Support
Make up to 10 choices from the following list, but you may not exceed the
number of choices made on the main force list.

Space Marine Land Raider . . +35 points
Space Marine Dreadnought . . . +27 points

Notes: Any unit that is part of the detachment can be assigned as the
detachment HQ, subject to the detachment�s chain of command. If the
original HQ is eliminated the next unit below on the chain of command
becomes the new HQ.

 Chain of command: Master of Deathwing> Librarian> Terminator> Any other
unit.

Deathwing: As described in Codex: Angels of Death Members are immune to
the effects of psychology. Members of the Deathwing are know for their
unwillingness to back down in the face of horror. To represent this the
Deathwing special ability gives it�s detachment members: +2 to their
Assault value, and the Rampage special ability. Note that the +2 to the
Assault value is added after the doubling for any Hero ability.

You may include as many Deathwing detachments in your army as you wish.
However, you should note that the Deathwing is just a single company and
can muster a maximum of 50 units (split as you wish).