Re: [Epic] e40k: Terrain idea

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:23:22 -0400 (EDT)

>Just had a few ideas for some interesting "fortification" type
>terrain, inspired by films of WWII beach assaults...
>
>RAZOR-WIRE
>
>Counts as Difficult for Infantry, no effect for vehicles and war engines
>Model: 40mm x 10 mm base covered with a spiral of wire. Simple enough.
>
>TANK BLOCKADES
>
>Counts as Difficult terrain for vehicles, no effect for war engines/infantry.
>Provides cover to models directly behind.
>Model: 40mm x 10mm base with three little "pyramids" of sticks, painted
>steel-ish color.
>
>The "Defender" in a scenario gets to place any of these items on the table
>before setting up.
>
>I can just imagine Tank Blockades blocking off roads in a city area, or razor
>wire surrounding an Ork compound, etc...
>
>Do you think giving these away free is unbalancing? perhaps, if
>attacker/defender is predetermined, a points value could be given?

By "difficult" terrain, I assume you mean dangerous terrain (the e40k
version)?

Anyway, I like it. Fits nicely with the current rules, no big cheese.
I don't think they should cost anything extra, since they are not
terribly powerful. Also, I would change the Tank Blockades to give
cover to any unit that was on the blockade, not behind it, since it
comes on a nice convenient stand.

I wouldn't worry too much about a defender going crazy with the
stuff. The Tank Blockade is also cover, which limits it's utility.
There is nothing wrong with tons of razor wire (if you have it...)
since vehicles can go right over it anyway.

David