Re: [Epic] Deathwing Detachment

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2097 18:41:29 -0400

Personally, I don't think 'immune to psychology' can justify ignoring blast
markers, at all; certainly not the effects of blast markers on firepower or
morale. The most reasonable suggestion is +1 on leadership tests, an
ability that would probably cost 2 pts./stand. I think it's cool to come up
with a unique organization for the Deathwing though; it seems appropriate.

Honestly, I don't think the Deathwing need any special rules. Why? Because
Terminators kick almost as much ass as Nobz do, and if you're fielding the
Deathwing, you're going to have detachments made up entirely of Terminators
and Land Raiders (probably the game's best tanks). These detachments are
already going to be plenty cool: marines are hard to kill anyway, and for
four points each, you're cutting your casualties in half. The Deathwing are
'ard 'uns already, no doubt about it. When combined with their snazzy
colour scheme and intimidating name, I think they'll be plenty cool as is.

Eugene