Re: [Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:44:53 -0400

> *sole survivor of Rad Bomb strike, later survives battle after taking
down
> most of a biker guild
> *sole survivor of brood which died in buildings due to enemy fire [I
placed the
> Painted stealer in the open in a blatant show of non-favortism and
still every
> shot missed]
> *survived attack by an entire detachment of nightwings, twice!
> *has been the sole survivor of brood on at least 5 or 6 occasions

I need to reming myself to stay clear of Genestealers. Care to
elaborate on the 'takes down most of a biker guild' part?

> Hero of the Day -- Titan
> Awarded to ... Titan Redemptor of the 43rd Reaver Battlegroup, Legio
Baker
> Primus, Command Reaver of the "Hook Squadron" for a successful
Harpoon strike
> on a renegade Imperator Titan. This forced the enemy crew to scuttle
their
> own titan and saved the day.

What, exactly, is a Harpoon strike?

> Lame Dog -- Infantry
> Awarded to ... Captain Howard, 4th Battle Company, Crimson Fists
Chapter,

Wow, that really sucks.

> warp wave and pulp the remaining officers of the company. Deprived
of their
> officers, and with no Commissars in sight, the Guardsmen crumbled.

I have to admit that the chain of bad luck here made me laugh. That
really sounds incredible and it must have given you a fit to still
remember it in such detail!

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius