[Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Sean A. Upchurch <sau_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

> ----> this ougta be required. Great stuff - Hey Fellow List Members,
> even if you
> don't want to fool with a battle report, why don't we at least hear the
> "hero of
> the fight" and "dog of the fight" report like this.
>
> Chris Miller

Good idea, Chris!

This will sort of be a conglomeration of all the battles I have played to
date:

Hero of the Day -- Infantry
Awarded to ... the Painted Genestealer! I have so many models that my painting
rate is somewhat less than desired. The Painted Genestealer was the first of
the brood to be painted and was the only painted one for many many battles.
It now has a mark on the bottom of the base so I can still distinguish it. A
brief combat history:

*sole survivor of Rad Bomb strike, later survives battle after taking down
most of a biker guild
*sole survivor of brood which died in buildings due to enemy fire [I placed the
Painted stealer in the open in a blatant show of non-favortism and still every
shot missed]
*survived attack by an entire detachment of nightwings, twice!
*has been the sole survivor of brood on at least 5 or 6 occasions

Hero of the Day -- Titan
Awarded to ... Titan Redemptor of the 43rd Reaver Battlegroup, Legio Baker
Primus, Command Reaver of the "Hook Squadron" for a successful Harpoon strike
on a renegade Imperator Titan. This forced the enemy crew to scuttle their
own titan and saved the day.

Lame Dog -- Infantry
Awarded to ... Captain Howard, 4th Battle Company, Crimson Fists Chapter,
Adeptus Astartes. He ordered two companies of troops into Drop Pods for
battlefield deployment. Unfortunately, the atmosphere of the planet was
too thick and many of the pods had their doors fused shut from the heat of
re-entry. 2/3 of both companies were destroyed by ground fire while the
occupants attempted to exit the pods. Captain Howard's pod was smashed by
another pod upon landing.

Lame Dog -- Titan
Awarded to ... Titan Devastation of the 18th Reaver Battlegroup, Legio Argent
Defender. The princeps managed to get his Titan stripped of void shields by
opposing Phantom Titans. Further pulsar fire then pierced the armored canopy
of the bridge and destroyed the entire command deck. The Titan was then
blasted directly backwards where it slammed into the ground directly on top of
the Commanding Officer of the Imperial Guard Heavy Company which was holding
that flank of the field. This left an opening for a Wave Serpent to fire its
warp wave and pulp the remaining officers of the company. Deprived of their
officers, and with no Commissars in sight, the Guardsmen crumbled.

Well, that was fun.
Sean U