Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2097 20:22:46 -0400

> A expanation of why you like your army, and why you don't like other
armies
> would be good.
>
> Hopefully this will also stir up some lively debates between different
armies.

> I also am interested in loacting Epic 40K players in the Ottawa area, so
> e-mail me private if you are looking for an amature to join up.

Hmm. I am "the guy who owns the GW stuff" in my gaming posse, so I've
played a lot of the different armies, and like most of them. (Get away from
me, stunty! Go play with a toy tank; it's as close as you'll get to a real
one (evil laugh)). I understand that you are thinking of playing a
heretical chapter; the Emperor weeps for you. However, why should you
settle for the LESSER evil?

Be a Tyranid!! (cue tinny theme music) The Galaxy will be your oyster! Not
that we're interested in pearls, you understand; we are just in the process
of prying open the shell to consume the warm squishy parts inside. Tyranids
don't have to worry about leadership tests; we have NO instincts of
self-preservation. If you're a Tyranid, you're never alone; the Hive Mind
is always with you, singing songs, offering advice, explaining why natural
selection is so inefficient. The Hive Mind will make sure you are never
confused; if you are confused, it will tell you to eat the nearest fleshy
thing that doesn't smell like home. As a Tyranid, tactical difficulties
become things of the past. The Tyranid strategy book can be summed up in
the sentence EAT IT. Step one is finding the enemy, step two is closing
with the enemy, step three is eating the enemy (mmm, bloodthirsters are
crunchy).

Besides, Games Workshop has as much as admitted that the Tyranids are going
to win in the end. How can you lose?

BTW, does anyone have any idea what theme music would be appropriate for a
Tyranid recruitment drive?

Eugene