Re: [Epic] Epic 40k rumours

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:39:48 +1000 (EST)

>> I treat this just as rumours - even though it came from a GWUK mail order
>> person - and would not want to put any money on the veracity of the info
>> listed above. But I thought some of the list members might want to start
>> saving even now :-)
>>
>> Regards
>> Oki
>Hmmph..Why redo the whole game? It just doesnt make sense to
>me...Facelift yes, new game no. (Directed at GW, not you OKI)

I totally agree. However as GW always answers that they are a business and
not there for the gamers they will always change their systems every 3 or 4
years to drag more money out of us. They've done it before, they'll do it again.

Then again I believe that part of the success/failure of epic is the
inabaility of porr commanders to cheese out units so they have to think in
the game. 40K heads can't handle this and so don't support it. Answer to
making them buy it -> make it like 40K. Bang, good system traded in for bad
system, so GW make more money.

OTOH some of the things in this rumour were quite heartening. The no army
supplements to follow would be a good thing.
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"
                email J.Stephensen_at_...