Re: [Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 06:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

---"Sean A. Upchurch" wrote:

> Lame Dog -- Titan
> Awarded to ... Titan Devastation of the 18th Reaver Battlegroup,
Legio Argent
> Defender. The princeps managed to get his Titan stripped of void
shields by
> opposing Phantom Titans. Further pulsar fire then pierced the
armored canopy
> of the bridge and destroyed the entire command deck. The Titan was
then
> blasted directly backwards where it slammed into the ground directly
on top of
> the Commanding Officer of the Imperial Guard Heavy Company which was
holding
> that flank of the field. This left an opening for a Wave Serpent to
fire its
> warp wave and pulp the remaining officers of the company. Deprived
of their
> officers, and with no Commissars in sight, the Guardsmen crumbled.
>
> Well, that was fun.
> Sean U

OK, what about these guys?

Heroic Vehicle Award:
My Deathstrike launcher who successfully counter-charged a Skullhammer
that had engaged my artillery company (rammed straight into the side
of it- my only thought was what would happen to the driver? I mean,
look at the Deathstrike model, the driver sits precariously at the
front).

Lame Infantry Award:
Commissar Yarrick. You'd think that a 3+ _unmodified_ save would work
at least SOME of the time. Enough said.

And these (Although not quite Epic- but at least GW)

Necromundan Lame Ganger Award:
My Van Saar Heavy. He was on the second level (6" up), with a Jakara
spirer on the ground floor directly below him. He walked to the edge
of the walkway, dropped his Heavy Bolter and drew his laspistol to
shoot. Aiming carefully at the Spirer he snapped off an accurate
shot, only slightly put off by the laspistol exploding in his hand
(yes, 2 failed ammo checks at 2+), putting him "man down" and causing
him to fall off the edge of the walkway. Meanwhile, the Jakara
successfully reflected the las-pistol shot back up at my Heavy, who
was hit while free-falling. He then landed on the Spirer, who made
her armour save to avoid being put "woman down". Very embarrassing.

Necromundan Heroic Ganger Award:
My other Van Saar Heavy, who is armed with a Lascannon. We played a
"Predator vs. my entire gang" scenerio, and after my entire gang was
put out of action, this heavy managed to hit the Predator with his
Lascannon, putting him out. Very satisfying. The lasconnon really
does inspire fear....

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109