RE: [Epic] An off-topic question about Battletech

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 19:11:49 -0400

> Oh, and people will rip on "battletech physics" - just ignore 'em.
>

> I've been playing it since it '85 or '86 and have never gotten tired of
>it. Part of that may be the far too great of an investment I've made in
>the mini's for it, but hey - it only works out to about a mini a month
>(just under, actually). B-tech's what really got me rollin' on the mini
>painting thing. It's a good game, and don't let anyone tell you
>different.

I will tell you different. If you worried about battletech turning into
slugfests, then I suggest Heavy Gear, it's new, it's Canadian, and it's rule
system (Compatible with RPG and Tactical) is supposedly way better then
battletechs. Physics are better, and it has an advancing time line that does
not jump decades so that Fasa can bring out new Mechs, but actually has more
to do with the RPG then the Tactical side.

I bought it, I liked it, I never got around to playing it. Not because it
was bad, but because I couldn't find anyone to play with. This is basically
my fault, and there are a great number of players all over the world (Tonnes
in Australia)

DP9 (The company that made it) Has released Demo games which can be
purchased at game stores for around $2 Canadian, more in the states (Nya Nya
Nya!) You can buy the whole pack for like $20, but that is insane. Books
come out every month, so it is supported.

But if you are going to play anything, play Epic, because, well, this is the
Epic mailing list

Tyler