RE: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Peacekeeper-� <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 01:26:34 -0400

----------
From: Alan E Brain[SMTP:aebrain_at_...]
Sent: Satur=
day, August 02, 1997 6:13 PM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epi=
c] Epic 40k Armies

james wrote:

> > Apart from that, Orks are all-round=
ers. They're 2nd best at everything.
> > Out-shot by Imperials, out-CCd by =
nearly everyone else. Against an
> > opponent who's not really proficient w=
ith his force, and who doesn't
> > have a set of pre-planned moves and tact=
ics, you'll do well with even
> > simple tactics.

> I partially agree and =
partially disagree. The strength of the orks is their numbers. There are ju=
st lots of them.

> That is the strength of the ork, there are simply a gr=
een wave that >keeps comming. Also, because of shear numbers they can muste=
r some >decent firepower.

As I said, simple tactics. There are a number o=
f counters though, which
a player of high ability will have that will cut t=
hrough them like
butter.

For example:

Assault Marines in Rhinos. Rhinos m=
ove 25cm in Assault (30cm -5cm),
disgorge AMs who move (10cm -5cm, then x3)=
 15cm. Which means that if
they start out 40cm away, they're in CC before y=
ou get a shot at them
with your 30cm range stuff. With the LRs or Support W=
eapons taking out
all Ork Psykers within Cooee, the marines should have at =
least a +3 in
the assault.

We disallow shooting psychers and captian model=
s even with SHW unless they are the closest, it just gets to cheesy otherwi=
se. We use the monstor base rules with nids for targetting. A tyrant can't =
hide behind a bunch of termagaunts. Carnify do nicely however.
                        -James