Re: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 14:11:40 -0400

At 11:10 PM 8/2/97 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm curious about American wargaming stores selling GW stuff at discounted
>prices. How can they? My local independant store tried the discounted
>stuff and was forced by GW to raise the prices to the normal selling price
>or face being struck off GW's retailers list!

Reason 2051 that GW is on it's way to getting it's very own child slave
labour factory.

Seriously though, they do that because they want total control of their
products. It makes them look bad if a bunch of people is out-selling their
own retail stores. The deal is, get it from our stores, or get it from the
Trolls. In my own uninformed opinion, (Never having run a major company that
produces games like GW) I think that the kind friendly people in the WD are
not the actuall people running the company. They probably have a bunch of
Johnson's running their business side, and these guys don't give a flying
zucchini brother about their customers. The designers do, because they were
their customers.

Tyler
(Do I want to put my name on this?)