RE: [Epic] Airstrip card/terrain idea

From: Matt Starling <mstarling_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:44:18 -0700

I believe it was called "Mighty Empires", but I'm not sure if I'm rememberi=
ng the epic fantasy game, or the large fantasy game designed for beginners =
that plays on a "Twister" size plastic mat.

I took a look at the epic fant=
asy game (which I will call "Mighty Empires" for now until I can remember f=
or sure what it was) back around 1990. I don't remember exactly when GW st=
opped production. I liked the concept of designing a custom fantasy world:=
 they had a stack of about 30 or so hex cards that measured about 4" across=
. You and your opponent(s) worked together to place the cards in a cohesiv=
e design until you had a world, then placed your cities. The armies each h=
ad a point value to represent there relevant size. Depending on the number=
 of cities you controlled related to the relavant strength that city could =
muster in army troops.

I didn't buy it at the time due to lack of funds; f=
or which I'm always regretting now. I didn't actually play the game at the=
 time, just looked at it; so if someone out there knows what I'm talking ab=
out, feel free to clarify.