Re: [Epic] Terrain question...

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:00:50 -0400

----------
> From: csalvato_at_...
> To: 40k-list_at_...; space-marine@...
> Subject: [Epic] Terrain question...
> Date: August 4, 1997 6:31 AM
>

> I've just completed cutting out 3 river sections for my sectional gaming
table.
> It is now time to paint the river bed. I want to use this table on WH40K
and
> EPIC40K scale, so I have a slight dilemma:
>
> How do I paint a good-looking river bed that looks realistic in both
scales?

> Also, has anybody used the Woodland Scenics water "beads" that you're
supposed
> to melt and pour into your water area? How difficult is it to use? And
do you
> think it would damage the foam I'm using for my board (pink insulation
foam)?

> Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Chris
Sauron1 writes;Chris. You can get a good river effect with ordinary whie
glue mixed with eather tempra or water baised inks.Build it op in layers
adding rocks and such as you go. The glue will dry clear in a few days
giving you the result you want. Water baised varnish or craft gloss coats
will give you the gloss water effect.The alternative is to glue in thin
plastic strip and paint that with normal water baised paints and use a
slurry of white glue,sand and brown paint to give you shore line.Practice
on a spare bit first. sauron1