Re: [Epic] [E40k] Chaos

From: Bill Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 20:06:15 -0400

At 03:53 PM 8/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
> As some of you know, I've been toying with the idea of a Chaos
>force for a while now. I've already decided that Khorne is going to
>form the backbone of my army, because I like their troops and their
>Demon Engines. (model-wise, even if they do have a few too many
>skulls) The decision was made in the days of Epic 2nd, and I'm not
>about to sell my Bloodletters and Flesh Hounds as I've already spent
>my money on them.
>
> If I were to add a second power to my army to make it more
>viable, which one of the three would you choose? The second power
>could consist of a couple of small detachments to plug holes (my
>wallet claims that this is the better option, but I'm not sure), or it
>could be half of the force.
> Examples of strategies would be helpful to explain why the
>force would be helped a lot.
>
> I have a few boxes of the old Chaos Horde, so if you suggest
>the old plastic minis, I'd be ecstatic. However, the metal I have is
>limited to 2 LoBs, a smattering of GDs, 15 Bloodletters, 15
>Fleshhounds, about 6 Khorne Daemon Engines, and a few assorted
>Daemons. I also have some Imperial Titans that I intended to paint up
>in appropriate colors.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

How about ordering base sprues from GW to use your old plastic mini's. And
as for the old Imperial Titans, if I fought you and you were using the old
models instead of the new ones they're probably gonna put out (Or have put
out) then I would be happy, because they look really cool.

Personally, I don't care if my opponent uses painted rocks glued to paper,
as long as their roughly the same size.

As for the second power, Khorn is combat, why not take the magic chaos god
to even it out. Or just use some Chaos Marines, Marines can plug nearly any hole

Tyler
Who doesn't play Chaos but is still very opinionated on the subject