Re: [Epic] Mighty Empires (off-topic posts)

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 18:40:52 -0400

 <snip>
> >How about any one wiyh contacts in England to GW ask about this
> >one.(sorry about the of topic) sauron1
> >
> If you're off topic, change the subject, and for goodness sake, snip the
> parts that are not totally important to your reply
>
> Tyler

Woah, there, cowboy, this town don't need no sheriff. We 'jess try to treat
each other civil-like.

I mean, we've already had stuff on period battle recreations (new Varangian
Gaurd), Star Fleet Battles (yeah, I've played it too), WH40k, Battletech,
WHFB (epic and otherwise), the 'who is Sauron' question, and we've had a
bunch of middle-aged guys reminisce about the good old days before
roleplaying games had production values. We talk aout Epic all the time,
too, but there's no need to shout down the other stuff.

 I suppose it wouldn't hurt to request that off-topic posts have
(off-topic) in the subject header, like the battletech one did. That makes
it easier for those of us born in the seventies to avoid reading about
Margaret Weiss wearing chainmail bikinis.

Eugene