[Epic] [E40K] Call of the Whaaaagh

From: John Erickson <erickson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 14:11:00 -0500

Well I finally gave into my American instincts and fielded a big gun shootin,
pollution belchin orc army. It was a 2000 pt. game. I had a mega-gargant as
my supreme commander, and a great garant. The rest of my army consisted of
a KoS, a big detachment of foot troops just waiting for the assault phase, and
an artillery detachment with 7 pulse rockets. A couple of observations.
The mega-gargant....Wow. This beast pretty much won the game for me. It
killed a Warlord without using a full barrage and then the firefights started ;)
Needless to say the marines didn't really stand a chance in those. I like the
lifta droppa. If I'm firing at a warengine Id prefer a deathray but with three shots
the great gargant killed 5 vehicles include 2 Land Raiders. All in all it was a good
time. I do have a question for all you orc warlords out there. Do you like to mount
your infantry in battlewagons? I didn't do it for this battle and my infantry got
toasted. What are your experiences?
thanks,
John