[Epic] Eldar CC troops

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:15:45 -0500

> From: "Eric M. Siegel" <e_siegel_at_...>

[various reasons why Trolls are nasty]

> > Striking Scorpians will still puree them. Banshees
> > are overrated anyway.
> >
> Banshees can be exceptionally good troops when used correctly.

        OK, maybe I should have said, "banshees & their psychic
scream are overrated." The psychic scream looks nice, but when
you consider they can only use it against things that aren't a
threat to them in the first place...

> They tend to be better for charging vehicles. The Eldar lack a
> good, cheap CC troop that can take on +3, +4 troops and vehicles
> with a savinbg throw.

        Gee, what a shame that all the Eldar CC troops are hth
gods... =) I think you're forgetting about Wraithguard, though -
+4 CAF, 100 pts for 4 (cheaper than scorps & banshees). You
just have to worry about the orders problem.

> The scream may be based on "getting lucky"
> with the dice, but +6 in consistant. Scorpions, which tend to
> draw enemy fire like nothing else, aren't evry useful against
> vechiles as a Land Raider can usually go toe-to-toe with them.

        Which is why you stick 'em in forests (and hope you
don't run into a Great Unclean One =).

Scott
shupes_at_...