Re: [Epic] Painting Question

From: Bonnie Beyea <bbeyea_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:49:16 -0800

PAULO ALEXANDRE CORREIA POMBAL(leic) wrote:

> I have some painted Titans and would like to paint them in new color
> schemes. But, there is a **little** problem. If I paint them over again,
> they'll start loosing some details. Is there anyway of taking the
> paint off? Ah! By the way, they are **plastic** minis, so, petrol based
> solutions just melt them away ( one friend of mine tried it and, well...
> it looked like something the cat dragged in!!!)
>
> Please help me on this one
>
> Paulo Pombal
> pacp_at_...

I use Easy-Off oven cleaner. I put the mini (plastic or metal) in a bowl
and cover it with the spray. After a couple of minutes I wet a
toothbrush in water and gently scrubb the mini. The paint just peels
off. If the paint is still there, soak it in easy off again, just check
on it frequently so it doesn't melt. Wash the mini off really well with
warm water when you are done. I found that when I did this to the black
carapace of a plastic titan, it turned the plastic a little grey, but it
primed fine, and I have had no problems. Oh, yeah, you might want to
wear rubber gloves when doing this. I use industrial strength easy-off
and it normally takes off my fingerprints!
Bonnie