Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Colen McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:55:36 +0100

Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...> has carefully scribed:
>Has anyone else noticed that there are not as many posts as there usualy is?
>It's like the list is deserted or something. (Somebody say dessert? Shaddup!)
Hi chaps, my first post here.
Yes, when I was on it briefly a year ago (or maybe it was another Epic
list, I don't know) there were virtual shedloads of mail- that's why I
unsubscribed.

>First thing, hmmm. What is everybodies opinion about bike basing rules?
>Right now I've only got the boxed set, so the bikes I have add up to two
>units with 2 bikes left over. I don't consider this very usefull. (I also
>have 3 heavies and 2 sergeants) so I've decided to use them as individual
>bike units, otherwise I don't have enough points to even touch 1000, and
>considering that the orks easily surpassed that, I took it as a matter of
>life and death for the Imperium.
Tips:

Don't use missile launcher chaps for tactical squads, I got 5 units from
2 boxes that way.
Use Chaplains, Medics etc. as Sergeants.
For the left-over bike: Put a bit of kak where the third bike should be,
paint it nicely, add smoke and Bingo! A burning wreck.
> Since we are on the topic of whether or not
>to allow un-painted armies to play, what about proxies. You know, the guys
>who has a few orks painted up in his Marine colours subing in as some other
>unit, like using the ork shokk attack gun as a tarantula. I personally feel
>it is kinda cheap, especially if the whole army is used this way. Why, I
>remember me and my brother played a game of wh40k, with him using tape cases
>as bikes. (The ones with the big autocannons on the sides. Waaagh-tape
>cases!) It was a fun game, and I wrecked his bikes (Because they weren't
>real bikes, and the Chaos Gods (The ones that rule the dice, not WH) decided
>they should die.

Ha! Ha! TAPES as bikes! I don't have many miniatures for Warhammer
Fantasy Orcs & Gobbos, so I use BITS OF PAPER! Honestly, people these
days, they don't know they're born.

>So, really, if you were in a situation where you and a friend wanted to play
>a game using troops neither of you had, would you proxie because the game is
>supposed to be fun, not a show of who has the most disposable income? Or
>would you wait until you could purchase the models, paint them, and lose
>that one night you were all geared up to use them?

We just used as many stands as we could find, old or new, and wrote on a
bit of paper 'The Reaver Titan is a Captain' etc. (well, the Titan
wasn't really a captain, but you get the point).

<emblem of Slaanesh>

'Mad Dog' McAlister
--
    /\          Colen McAlister, AKA 'Mad Dog' McAlister,
   /--\           Chaos Lord of Slaanesh, Keeper of the
 /--  ---- \               of the Chaos Gods
    | |  |/            colen_at_...
   \---/        or http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk/colen
    \-/