RE: [Epic] Brushes( & paints)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:41:51 -0500

>> Also artists inks which put the GW ones
>> to shame. They are made with shellac, and have quite brilliant colors.
>
> I had heard rumors that some of these fade with time and
>sunlight. I've seen a couple cases of this actually happening, but it
>was with a drawing, not miniatures. Does anyone know which inks don't
>have problems, or which ones definitely do?
>
>Mark

-----> Allright - "realistic effects": they must be stationed on a
desert world!

I had a fire a few years ago, and it was the upstairs which suffered the
most
(lightning strike) which was, of course, where all the mini's were.
After this,
I had "realistic smoky battle effects" and let me tell you, there is no
way to
get rid of this distinctive mark. Many of my 40K Howling Griffs (red &
yellow)
are still sulking about their much dimmer coloring after this, and the
stain soaks
through those two colors no matter what. Some of the titans weren't too
happy
either...

Chris Miller