RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:17:47 -0400

> Didn't mean to rant, just illustrating a point. How does everyone else
>feel about the army lists in general? Are you Codex, or do you see them
>as open to interpretation? If I played more with just my friends, I'd
>probably be more flexible, but how do others see it? Does anyone
>regularly use the alternate lists we've thrahsed out?
>
>Chris Miller

I say, if it's published by GW (WD of CJ) then it should be allowed at any
time if the person brings the article. The opposite end of this would be not
using Strategy Cards, or Pykers in WH40K because I never bought the
supplement. As long as the person has the original publication. (Not a
printed or photocopied version) then it should be allowed.

As for house rules, if it is posted, or you are in someones house, then you
really can't complain. If you don't like it, then refuse to play. No one's
forcing you. Now, I think if someone refuses to play because of a House Rule
(Unless it is designed to limit a munchy rule like Spyrers, but still) then
you should can the House Rule for that game. As long as both parties agree,
then anything goes.

Mixing Army lists is different, an exception if you will. I don't think
mixing army lists should be done unless it is a special scenario. And by
special I don't mean played every game. If you and a friend are having a
campaign, and you have a really cool Arbitrator (I'm working on some
Campaign rules, they will appear on the Gene-Seed page soon) then maybe it
Eldar and SM players could join to kill some 'Nids or Chaos. Of course, they
still control their own race.

To sum it up. Rules are there for a reason, and if you change them all
you've wasted your money. Special Scenarios are cool, but should be a rare
occurance. How can you be bored of "normal games" if all you play are
special scenarios? Allies are a cool idea, as long as a seperate player
controls each army, and they are not allowed to talk during their turn.
(Before the game, and during the opponent's turn. This makes it realistic,
in getting orders, but not being able to have the commander say, "No, 3 cm
to the left."

Tyler