Re: [Epic] Hello all from an ex-lurker

From: Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:51:41 +1100 (EST)

>I like the spirit of this rule a lot, though with that 100cm range (or
>whatever the Ballround has), like you said, I can't see it making much of a
>difference very often. Funny that the other races haven't come up with lame
>ass solutions to void shields like, "let's roll a giant cannon ball at the
>void shields, and knock 'em all down!" That has got to be one of the
>stupidist ideas GW's come up with yet. It unbalances the game, and doesn't
>make sense either. Can I run Nightwings charging at 200 into Titans to take
>down all there shields? No!

Maybe we should bring ram attacks back into the game. Another thing about
shields that always stumped me is that close combat avoids shields - you can
fire a tacnuke at the Titan and have it bounce of the shields (ID4 style)
but a Grot armed with a pointy stick can simply walk up to it and start
beating on it. The Grot always gets 9 colours of s**t beaten out of him, but
that isnt the point.

doddsy

Simon Dodds
c9415355_at_...
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1353/

"I don't need to see the world through rose-coloured glasses, for my
        eyes are naturally bloodshot."