RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:42:57 -0500

>agree, no deathstrikes fo orks, though i like the idea of
>ork drop kanz would be nice for use as drop pods.

------> I _really_ like the ideas of this. Imagine the miniature (if
you chose to use one) with scattered crumpled and opened kans
littering the field...

-----> How about "kanboyz" - some kind of deranged lunatics who just
>can't get into a fight without using them....>
>
>> The problem is that many people want to make
>> the army fit their favorite tactics, rather than choosing tactics to fit
>> the army. AT shots are often used with a "park & shoot" type army which
>> marines are very very good at(stubborn, rapid fire, high armor value),
>
>that was my main beef with E40k. in SM you could have an shooty ork army
>or a assault based army, or a mix.
>
>E40k almost forces the orks to assault
>
>which wouldn't of been bad if the orks could have kept the
>deathroller rules.
>
>sorry, I'm a big fan of overruns. would have lots better for the marines
>to roll 4,5,6 or >SQUISH< when the b.fortress rolls over them
>
>"snap fire THIS, humie!" >CRUNCH<
>
>mike

-----> I think in the "fun-factor" department the death roller is
definitely
missed, as my "mechanized goffs" can attest.

Chris Miller