Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:47:03 +0000

> >FIRST TOPIC
> >1-Army construction, present system(company cards,etc.) or a individual
> >model points system(each figure assigned a point value), WHAT STAYS OR
> >GOES!

I think that the cards should definitely stay as they give structure
to armies and *help* restrict people from choosing ridiculous
armies.
Also during the game they help to keep track of units - which ones
are close to breaking etc.

However I think that the army selection could be made a bit more
flexible, e.g. Land raider transports for space marines, single
detachments of falcons for aspect warriors.
What I'm really getting at is some kind of classification of cards
into Troops or Transport. Allowing troops to be given different
transports to suit a particular roll. Or even to give them none at
all - why pay for nine rhinos when all you want your devastator
company to do is sit on a hill and shoot( not very flexible I know
but I'm just trying to illustrate a point).

> >2-Order Phase,What will each of the orders mean in terms of movement and
> >firing.First Fire, Advance, Charge, Fallback

This is a tough one.
I've read several other peoples suggestions for new systems. Some
of them sound very appealing and do a good job of getting over the
"win initiative = win game" syndrome. However I feel that the
existing system has the big advantage of being simple and quick.

So I think the existing system should stay with only very minor
modifications and clarifications.

someone suggested a repair order for titans. I like the sound of
this.

> >This first topic is short and consensus may be reached quickly so this
> >topic may not need a full week.

> >United we stand!
> >Peter
Colin P