Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:45:36 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> >> E40k maybe could use a % chart, like must take 20% basic troops.
> >
> > Maybe for the overall army; I wouldn't limit
> >individual detachments like that. Generally I don't think
> >that would be neccessary; most players aren't going to
> >bring ridiculous numbers of 1 unit type to a battle.
>
> I don't think a limit is necessary either. Fielding 30 terminators
> may go against the fluff, but it's not really a problem, since the
> cost of the units should reflect their capability.

        Theoretically; however I wouldn't be at all surprised
if the point system breaks down if you take an overwhelming
number of vertain troop types.

> It might be fun to creat a new chapter with a different organization
> which allows that many terminators.

        The DAs are supposed to have an inordinate amount of
termie suits, correct? In any case it wouldn't really require
a different organization, just a statement along the lines of,
"This chapter has a lot of terminator suits because XXX." (hey!
it's the all-termie chapter! so that's where those all-termie
40k armies come from)

Scott
shupes_at_...