Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:52:49 -0400

At 03:45 PM 8/28/97 -0400, you wrote:

>> > Maybe for the overall army; I wouldn't limit
>> >individual detachments like that. Generally I don't think
>> >that would be neccessary; most players aren't going to
>> >bring ridiculous numbers of 1 unit type to a battle.
>>
>> I don't think a limit is necessary either. Fielding 30 terminators
>> may go against the fluff, but it's not really a problem, since the
>> cost of the units should reflect their capability.
>
> Theoretically; however I wouldn't be at all surprised
>if the point system breaks down if you take an overwhelming
>number of vertain troop types.
>
>> It might be fun to creat a new chapter with a different organization
>> which allows that many terminators.
>
> The DAs are supposed to have an inordinate amount of
>termie suits, correct? In any case it wouldn't really require
>a different organization, just a statement along the lines of,
>"This chapter has a lot of terminator suits because XXX." (hey!
>it's the all-termie chapter! so that's where those all-termie
>40k armies come from)

The Dark angels have just over 100 suits ofterminator armour, 100 for
troops and a couple more for captains and other characters so that would
mean 20 stands for Dark angels while all the other chapters could only have
10 stands (100 men in the 1st company, 1/2 of which can get termie armour
[only 50 sets] =10 stands)

>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Timothy J. Kilgore
tkilgore_at_...

I'm an american!
do you know waht that means?
it means my forefathers got
kicked out of every decent country in the world!