Re: [Epic] The ages of Warhammer was mixing (long)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:03:58 -0400

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Age three: The 'Nid wars (Current)
> Rules: Current WH40K box set + codexs
> E40K
>
> Hive war fits in the current era and was a "bolt on" to SM/TL that
> didn't work real well. I.e. the army design system was not the normal
> Company + 5 support + 1 special

        Actually it was nearly identical to the Chaos
army design system, which was not a "bolt on" and
worked fine as far as I've seen...

> but closer to the current system where a
> HQ unit controls up to x (6 in this case) other units and you MUST take
> a "special" unit as the core of your army (The Dom then, now Hive
> Tyrants or 'Nid Warriors)

        Or GDs in the case of Chaos.

> Many units had multiple hits (can you say "War
> engines", sure, I knew you could)

        Or could take many hits before dying in the
case of Chaos. Of course, Chaos had weaknesses and
the 'nids didn't...

> and last but not least the fluff in
> Hive War is the same as the fluff in Codex:Trynids

        Well, they came out aroud the same time,
correct? GW never passes up an opportunity to reprint
fluff...

Scott
shupes_at_...