Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:09:46 -0500

On 31 Jan 97 at 19:09, Sean Smith wrote:

> > > Keep the card system. Maybe a limitation of one of each type of
> > > company card and 2 of any type of support card. This should bring
> > > about more balanced armies and cut down on the cheese.
> >
> > While I understand the desire to cut down on cheese, limiting company
> > cards across the board will be a bad idea. Again, I play Space Wolves.
> > The Puppies only have two types of infantry companies (the Great
> > Company). The only difference between the two is the type of Wolf
> > Guard. If company cards were limited, then the Puppies wouldn't be
> > able to field much infantry. *Some* companies probably should be
> > limited (Titan Battle Groups, for example). Perhaps *certain*
> > companies (and detachments) could have a maximum number allowed in an
> > army. As many have said, cheese often shows up when too much of a good
> > thing is used.
> >

> I was the one who orginally raised the idea of limiting how many units of
> one type of you could field. The example I gave was of where I faced
> 5 Bio-titans and two Dominatrix's in a 5000 point battle. I suggest that
> we that we place a limit of 1 company of the same type per 1500 points
> and the same limit for titans and gargants worth over 500 points individually.What do people think of this idea?
>
> --
>
> Sean Smith
>
> Home - Seans_at_...
>

> --

Rather than set blanket limitations, I would rather see limitations on
individual companies that could be cheesed out. I do like the idea of
basing the limitations on the point size of the game. Perhaps some
companies could be unlimited, while others are limited by the number
that can be fielded per 1500 points of army and others have a flat
number limit. For example, the Imperial Guard's Tactical company
would be unlimited, while its Leman Russ Company could be 2 or 3 per
1500 points and an Imperator Titan would be limited to one per game.
Obviously these are not final figures, but I think that you can see the
point. This would also encourage more "realistic" armies. For example
(just to pick a random example :) ) no "real" Squat army would be
composed completely of Overlords, nor would a "real" IG army be
composed completely of Baneblades. Each of these units has their
place, but their frequency would be less than other, cheaper companies
(IG infantry or mobile infantry, Leman Russ's, etc.)

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf