Re: [Epic] Net Epic Gudelines

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:46:20 +1300

On Sat 01 Feb, Seth Ben-Ezra wrote:
> On 31 Jan 97 at 19:09, Sean Smith wrote:
>

> > I was the one who orginally raised the idea of limiting how many units of
> > one type of you could field. The example I gave was of where I faced
> > 5 Bio-titans and two Dominatrix's in a 5000 point battle. I suggest that
> > we that we place a limit of 1 company of the same type per 1500 points
> > and the same limit for titans and gargants worth over 500 points individually.What d
> o people think of this idea?
> >

> Rather than set blanket limitations, I would rather see limitations on
> individual companies that could be cheesed out. I do like the idea of
> basing the limitations on the point size of the game. Perhaps some
> companies could be unlimited, while others are limited by the number
> that can be fielded per 1500 points of army and others have a flat
> number limit. For example, the Imperial Guard's Tactical company
> would be unlimited, while its Leman Russ Company could be 2 or 3 per

Just to be pick, 3 leman Russ companies are worth 1800 points, so
how could have a limit of 3 per 1500 points ;).

> 1500 points and an Imperator Titan would be limited to one per game.
> Obviously these are not final figures, but I think that you can see the
> point. This would also encourage more "realistic" armies. For example
> (just to pick a random example :) ) no "real" Squat army would be
> composed completely of Overlords, nor would a "real" IG army be
> composed completely of Baneblades. Each of these units has their
> place, but their frequency would be less than other, cheaper companies
> (IG infantry or mobile infantry, Leman Russ's, etc.)

I agree with your idea but how are you going get all the games on this list
to agree on different limits for different troop types, especially when it could mean
penalising their own favourite troop combinations. That is why I suggested a blank rule,it doesn't get rid of all the cheese, but it does get rid of the worst cases of cheese
and players will agree to it because it applies to everybody equally.

Also we don't want make the rule so restrictive that you take the fun out of designing
a army.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...