Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 10:29:53 -0400

At 11:39 PM 8/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> US armed forces would be IG. Think Navy Seal (or Marines) for Marines.
>> They
>> are the ultimate elite
>>
>> Tyler
>

> Well, some of us that ARE in the army must stand up for our own. If you
>get a chance you need to go to the Infantry museum at Ft. Benning.
>11B(Infantry) are getting smarter and deadlier than the past. Im NOT
>saying that they are the best of the best, but technology is on the
>forefront of the agenda for them. Some of the weapons being tested by
>units are awe inspiring. And yes, you are allowed on the base, but
>there are MPs in the sensitive areas (darn you say?!?!?). Just a FYI for
>you all.

Bah, I used to go to Uplands base in Ottawa (well, outside of Ottawa) all
the time, before all the cute girls fathers got transfered, taking the cute
girls with them. Oh, and all my friends have moved off base too.

I never said that GI's aren't good, but they are more Imperial Guard. Now in
40K, IG are pretty crappy. But if you think of it, they are up against some
pretty mean things, and they are better armed then todays US Armed Forces
(I'm guessing, really, I'm Canadian. I know all I know from friends who were
base brats, and one who is training, but has a real attitude problem) I'm
sure you understand what I'm trying to say, Space Marines are the Elite of
an army, so they get the best stuff. You don't have half of your army elite,
and give half the best stuff, because that defeats the purpose.

Tyler