Re: [Epic] The WORST GW rules

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 20:55:03 -0500

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Ken Taborek wrote:
> >
> > But, you either rounded up, or rounded down. I said round to nearest
> > integer. Give me till tomorrow to have a chance to look at my chart, and
> > I'll get it exact. :-P
> >

> Ok in 8 cases the nearest int concept dosn't cut it either, 7 if you
> assume that 0 dice = 1 dice. One of those 8 cases is 20, which, by your
> formula, should be a now brainer, as it comes out in even numbers.
>
> This is getting a bit carried away, lets just say that there is a reason
> why GW prints the fire power chart every where it can. I have 2 copies
> of E40K, plus all the WD that have E40K stuff in them and I have 7
> copies of the chart. It's not an easy formula, it's some random numbers
> more or less following a formula with variable rounding effects.

I feel like a moron.
There is a simple formula....

col # 1 is by .75 NOT .8
col # 2 is by .5
col # 3 is by .4

Round to the nearest int.
We were lead astray by the 10 firepower line. The 20 firepower line
shows the true way of life....

One good thing did come out of this. I now have C code for figuring
fire power/dice attacks using both a hand entered table and a formula.

This will figure into my web page some how, I am sure...