Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 22:45:38 -0500

>Space Marines spend 100% of their life in training or in war. Why in the
>hell do they only shoot to 48 meters? When I was in the Army I spent
>some time as a range safety NCO, where I watched people that had never
>fired an rifle in their life be able to hit a 50 meter target (which
>would be equal to the upper 1/3 of a human body) at least 75% of the
>time after one day, and pushing 100% of the time after 2-3 days. All GW
>ranges for fire arms are WAY to short, unless of course you are doing a
>Waterloo game. Oh, wait a second, they are, I forgot again.

Playability. If we played with real stats you would need a football field
to play on. watch a microarmor game. teeny, weeny little guys runnin
around with itsee bitsee tanks shootin each other. The game is not a
simulation, it is a recreation. Pick one or the other for GW is most
assuredly never going to do both.

                                                        That Chuk Guy

modern warfare game. push button / slash launch missile / lob lots of ammo.