Re: [Epic] Citadel Journal Article

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 11:37:39 -0500

csalvato_at_... wrote:

> Has anyone out there taken a look at the supposed "rules we left out" that were
> published in citadel journal recently? I remember thumbing through the
> journal, and seeing the diagrams showing a land raider providing cover for a
> stand of marines, but didn;t have time to browse fully, nor did I have the
> inclination to spend $10 to buy the Journal. Can anybody give the rundown on
> what the article said?

I've got it, though I'll have to get the journal from home before
I could say what it says.

Here's what I remember.

This rule was left out (they say) because they couldn't find a good
way to explain it. They thought it was easy, but hard to word.

A stand of infantry can hide behind a vehicle. It has to be in
contact, I think. I think it affects their to-be-hit number, and if
the vehicle is destroyed, the infantry is back to its normal value.
I don't remember more than that, and even that could be wrong. If
that's right, then it wouldn't do Space Marines a lot of good behind
a Rhino, since they've already got a 6. If someone else does not
provide more info, I'll try to remember to bring in my copy tomorrow.
I can't remember whether the infantry has restrictions on it.

There's just a bit, and maybe as much as you knew already, but that's
the best I can do without the book here.

Are there any such rules in the issue with the Knights in it?

andy
askinner_at_...