Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:51:54 -0400

> I've never used a Supreme Commander yet as I did not play very big
> battles until now but my Chaos opponent used a War Master once. It
> was a 500 points game and his Commander has been quickely wiped out
> by some devastators as there was no large detachment to cover him...
> :) I don't know why he took such a unit in such a little battle...
> As a W40k player he may have thought that a War Master was a very
> important unit...

Well, in a 5,000 point battle, Scott took a Warmaster against me and
his ability to make other detachments stubborn and give them close
assault rerolls came in handy. He also survived the battle, as Scott
mostly used him in a supporting role, which I consider very wise.

Because of that performance, I took a Space Marine Chapter Master when
I fought a defensive battle of 2,500 points (all Space Marines) vs.
5,000 points (Orks). I fielded him on a Land Speeder with three other
Land Speeders as escort, which allowed him to be wherever I wanted him
to be in support. I always placed him on assault orders. While I was
annihilated (but I did take down both gargants, Great and Mega as well
as several detachments of boyz), his re-rolls did help forestall the
inevitable. Obviously, an all-marine force benefits a bit less since
they already have stubborn.

> AFAIK? What's this, Erik?

Sorry, keep forgetting that these aren't universal. AFAIK = As Far As
I Know.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius