Re: [Epic] Firing from Imperator Titans

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:56:07 -0400

> Not having my E40K books with me, can any one tell me if the 8 units
an
> Imperator transports can fire? I used to remember in Titan Legions
that
> they did, but have no idea for the new rules? Also what happens if
the
> Imperator titan gets Assaulted with the troops inside?

No firing from the transported troops. It's just like being in a Rhino
or Chimera. No firing, no support, etc. I would personally allow a
house rule giving the supporting fire, but that's a house rule based on
having seen the Imperator miniature (is that an oxymoron, or what?).

> While I am at it, any one been at the receiving end of a Distortion
> Cannon? It just seems to me to be a titan killer (usually hits on a
3+, and
> ignores shields AND causes a critical!). This makes Eldar titans very
good
> with their 2+ save and low cost.

Yes, they are definitely good. I've arrived at the conclusion that the
best way to kill Eldar Titans is to keep your titans away from them and
surround them with lots of shooty infantry. Preferably low armour
value shooty infantry. This minimizes the effectiveness of pulsars and
d-cannons while maximizing holo-field saves they have to make. While
this works for Phantoms and Warlocks, Revenants can be tougher to pin
down. Luckily, they can't have d-cannons.

Eldar titans are armour and titan killers. Imperial and Ork titans are
great all-purpose battle titans that can wade into large formations and
break them.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius