Re: [Epic] Firing from Imperator Titans

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 16:20:04 -0700

> > While I am at it, any one been at the receiving end of a Distortion
> > Cannon? It just seems to me to be a titan killer (usually hits on a
> 3+, and
> > ignores shields AND causes a critical!). This makes Eldar titans very
> good
> > with their 2+ save and low cost.
>
> Yes, they are definitely good. I've arrived at the conclusion that the
> best way to kill Eldar Titans is to keep your titans away from them and
> surround them with lots of shooty infantry. Preferably low armour
> value shooty infantry. This minimizes the effectiveness of pulsars and
> d-cannons while maximizing holo-field saves they have to make. While
> this works for Phantoms and Warlocks, Revenants can be tougher to pin
> down. Luckily, they can't have d-cannons.
>
> Eldar titans are armour and titan killers. Imperial and Ork titans are
> great all-purpose battle titans that can wade into large formations and
> break them.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Erik

You said it. There is nothing my Titan
battleforces and armour detachments fear
like they fear Eldar Titans/Engines of
Vaul. Straight firepower, preferably on
overwatch, is for sure the way to go.

I personally am glad to see that
distortion cannons are attracting some
complaints; not because I think they are
unbalanced (I don't), but because I was
afraid that everyone would field just
Pulsars, because of their flexibility.
D-Cannons are the ultimate Titan killing
weapon, but they aren't really very
much better than Death Rays, (remember,
they don't hit as often). I have seen
several D-cannons miss their targets, to
the Eldar players intense frustration.
I also generally find that, by the time
the D-Cannons are fired, the Titan's
shields are down anyway (as happened to
the Annihilation in that 4-player game).

Eugene