Re: [Epic] Firing from Imperator Titans

From: Joshua Mosqueira <effigy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 00:00:21 -0400

        Greetings,

> You said it. There is nothing my Titan
> battleforces and armour detachments fear
> like they fear Eldar Titans/Engines of
> Vaul. Straight firepower, preferably on
> overwatch, is for sure the way to go.

        Here's a little thing that occured to me while judging a game last
weekend. Engines of Vaul are war-machines, but they can pop up, so
effectivly the only thing that can shoot at them when the pop up is other
war machines. Part of me says this gives them a hell of an advantage, as
many of the units who could fire can't because it is the war machine phase.
However, looking at the rule book it says the skimmer returns to the ground
at the end of the firing phase, so can all unit fire at it, even before the
EoV fires? Then again it's ok for war machine skimmer to hide and then pop
up when all the firing is done, but it does creat an interesting situtaion
dosen't it!

> I personally am glad to see that
> distortion cannons are attracting some
> complaints; not because I think they are
> unbalanced (I don't), but because I was
> afraid that everyone would field just
> Pulsars, because of their flexibility.
> D-Cannons are the ultimate Titan killing
> weapon, but they aren't really very
> much better than Death Rays, (remember,
> they don't hit as often). I have seen
> several D-cannons miss their targets, to
> the Eldar players intense frustration.
> I also generally find that, by the time
> the D-Cannons are fired, the Titan's
> shields are down anyway (as happened to
> the Annihilation in that 4-player game).

Seeing that most war machines move 15, a d-cannon needs only a 3+. Not an
unbalanced weapon, but an other headache for Titan crews :|

Best
Joshua Mosqueira
effigy_at_...