Re: [Epic] Infiltration

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:07:14 -0400

Mac,

> my ways. (look out for the empty beverage containers about to be
> thrown by the 70% of us against this move)

Yeah, I feel the storm coming on... <g>

> You have a big brain. };^')

Must be all that pizza I eat. ;-)

> Actually OPFOR is a general abbreviation for Opposing Forces. The
> 11th ACR in California are one of many OPFOR. They are however the
> best.

Cool. I had gotten the impression that there was a dedicated OPFOR
regiment that did nothing but... is that the 11th ACR? How many ACRs
are left nowadays? I know there used to be at least three, but I'm
sure there's been a decline. Have to say, as far as mechanized forces
go, ACRs are definitely a very nice combined arms package. Small but
very potent.

> sound alone. Every Armored vehicle makes a distinct sound. At night

> when the rest of the world is quiet you cannot even sneak a wheeled
> vehicle past an alert scout.

Damn, there go my plans! ;-)

> So as far as I'm concerned a Scout can infiltrate in a Rhino, a
> Razorback, on a train, in the rain . . . .

... in Spain?

> But (here I go starting trouble) drop pods do deploy together so I
> don't know about the +30 for them, but I don't care because every
> scout you bring is one less assault troop and they ARE dangerous.

True - the rules allow it, but the only rationalization I can think of
here is that Scouts either get some kind of better drop pod that allows
them to deploy more quickly, their training lets them deploy while
everyone else is still shaking off the effects, or they are actually
dropped in the first pods a minute before everyone else, but not enough
to warrant differentiation in the Epic 40k scale. How long was that
sentence?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius