Re: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 16:07:36 -0400

>I'm no expert on Orks in the 40k universe, as my only real exposure to
>it has been Epic 40k. Nevertheless, I was thinking about some possible
>house rules kind of like the ones they published for certain Space
>Marine chapters in White Dwarf. Let me know if you think I'm totally
>off the wall or not...

>- Erik

I like the way you limit what the orks can take. As opposed to just calling
the marines something else and painting them different, you limit what
troops they may include, and therefore the idea seems more of a flavour
adder, and less of what the WD Marine Chapters were (Something in a cross
between having powerfull troops, and needing to fill space in WD)

I know some people like the idea of Marine Chapters, but I would not play
them myself. On the other hand, I would have no trouble playing against an
ork players using Erik's rules
'
Tyler