Re: [Epic] Close Combat Weapons on Titans

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:36:14 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 11-Sep-97 [Epic] Close Combat Weapons.. by Richard
Bright_at_auckland.
> The opportunity to take two cc weapons may be useful when fighting a ripper
> tentacle-armed bio titan.

May?

>It grabs ONE cc weapon, but the second still
> allows you to double your AF.
>
> What is the consensus on this?

I agree completely, and waaaay back when E40K was first released I think
we went through it and decided to ignore Jervis' hint.

> If it is reasonable to have a titan armed with two cc weapons how do people
> score the AF? I would suggest that the AF remains doubled rather than
> trebled (AF+AF+AF), or doubled again. A Warlord with an AF of 60 seems
> plenty scary enough to me!

The second CC weapons does you zero good until the first one gets
tangled in something or blown off the Titan. Then it doubles your CAF
again. Someone was saying that a second CC weapon should give a Titan
an additional +2 or so to CAF, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Of course, you can always go the route someone recently posted, and put
Las-Burners on your Titans. Against Tyranids, it's a second CC weapon.
Against everyone else, it's a HBW. <shrug> I guess it's a throwback to
everyone dropping the bloody things on the carapace mounts....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...