Re: [Epic] Battle Report [LONG!]

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...> writes:
> Mark A Shieh wrote:
>
> > Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...> writes:
> > > At 11:11 AM 9/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
> > > And BTW, where are the Tyranids' big guys :)?
> >
> > Offhand, I'd say they're scared of Death Rays and went crying
> > to the Dom for reabsorption. :) It was a long-running thread. "Why
> > do my Bio-Titans suck compared to the old version?"
>
> Uhh... perhaps because the old ones were WAY TOO FREAKIN NASTY!!!???
> Pardon my shouting, but it was a rare game of SM/TL that didn't see at
> least a Hierophant battle group on the Tyranid side....among my group at
> least.

        Yeah, we all know how they played in Epic2. Apart from a
couple of Tyranid players complaining about a lack of firepower (an
understandable line of reasoning, as it was their one weakness. But
my Titans had more than one weakness. Dying when pumped full of lead
comes to mind.), it was generally agreed that they were the latest and
greatest GW model, along with the Dom.
        But the discussion was more on the new ones. People were
trying to make up their minds whether the new Titans were truly awful,
or just mediocre, like the majority of the units in E40k, for the
price. I was in the mediocre camp.

Mark