Re: [Epic] Couple Questions

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:16:14 -0500

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 14-Sep-97 Re: [Epic] Couple Questions by E.
> Earnshaw-Whyte_at_planet
> > Well, depending on how you look at it, the entire Wargaming hobby, is an
> > attempt to extort money from the wargaming fraternity; I mean, companies
> > exist to sell product, right?
>
> Very true, but I don't think the word "extort" is used in reference
> companies other than GW. At least, I haven't seen it used against other
> companies, and this is not the first time I've seen it in reference to
> GW.

<snip-o-matic>

I have seen it applied to TSR, Fasa & Wizards of the Coast.

TSR: The whole AD&D vs AD&D 2nd Ed vs D&D and which of these dozen books do I
really need to play? Not to mention their (in the "glory days of TSR) x-thousand
modules in x-hundred game worlds.

Fasa: Walk into any game shop. Find the Mecha rack(s). Find out what you need to
use to play the damn game. Good luck.

WotC. What release of Magic:the Rip Off are we up to now?