Re: [Epic] Happy Weapons (was Tank Armor)

From: Robert Lenghaus <lenghaus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 11:26:43 +1000 (EST)

> I think that it's one (or several) of the Geneva Conventions which bans
> all sorts of nasties such as the glass-filled rounds. IIRC when it
> comes to infantry weapons, self-propelled rounds - where the bullet
> contains a propellant to speed it on its way - and rounds which contain
> an explosive tip are both banned. So next time you're l;osing to
> marines, just point out that the opponent's troops areusing illegal
> weapons in order to gain an unfair advantage :)
>
> Richard

Just as an extra bit of info, as far as I've heard the Geneva conventions
do not apply to police forces or counter terrorist squads, so they are
free to use lovely stuff, like hollow heads, dumb dumbs, mecurcy heads all
other kinds of explosive nasties, this is of course the justification for
arms manufacturers to keep producing and developing these rounds,

PS ( I forgot flechettes in there as well, not sure if the're banned too)