Re: [Epic] Epic v E40k

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:20:16 +1200

At 09:40 AM 9/15/97 +0930, you wrote:
>I respect everyones views on their favourite version of epic but can I
>request we don't degenerate into a flame war

Damn straight. I am making my first steps into E40K after playing SM, SM2
and TL (I know, I'm a bugger for punishment) and I am keeping an open mind
till I have played enough games to decide which version I'll play.

So far I'm pleasantly surprised by E40K and have even started using new
bases, but I also have no intention of converting my existing figs to the
new bases (I have over 60 000 pts of painted and based stuff). I figure
that if my opponent can't cope with 3 cav fig bases in TL, or 2 cav fig
bases in E40K then they are probably too anally-retentive anyway!

My most regular opponent wants to stick with TL and I will continue to
happily play TL, although I hope he will accept the occasional invitation
to play E40K.

As for the prices, I am just thankful that I have essentially got
everything I need. My buying extends only to occasional 'luxuries' for
interest's sake. I think that GW is perilously close to the point of
pricing it's games out of existence. Well that's the NZ perspective - every
stockist in Auckland is finding that Epic blisters are simply not selling,
which is hardly surprising when the T-Hawk costs $26.95!

Richard

"The important lesson is that you can get what
you want and still not be very happy"
                        Pope Cerebus

Get inside the mind of Richard Bright at:
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/2405